1. What inspired you to start a blog? I've always been a writer, a fashion lover, and an information sharer...it just took me until now to put them all together. As a stay-at-home mom, I felt like I had nobody to share my "lady information" with so I started Suburb Chic to simply do that! I was looking to learn and share the trends in all aspects of a suburban lifestyle.
2. How would you define your style? Playfully feminine, though it changes with my mood. I always like to have a little flirty, feminine thing going on no matter if I go all-out glam or super casual at the gym. Really, my style is very "Suburb Chic"...it's trendy and edgy enough to allow me to stand-out in the suburbs, but it's not as high-end and developed (yet) as it might be in New York City.
3. Where is your favorite place to shop in your area? Honestly, there are not a lot of places here that inspire me and of which I relate to style-wise...but I do find great pieces at Kohl's, TJ Maxx, even JC Penney's here. Mainly, I shop online or splurge when our family travels out of town. I love a good shopping haul on Piperlime.com as well as on sites like Love Culture, Nordstrom's, BCBG and BCBGeneration, and Aritzia.
4. What's your favorite thing in your closet? Just one?! Haha. My "favorites" change frequently, but right now I am utterly obsessed with this BarIII Motorcycle Jacket I found on clearance at Macy's (NEED TO FIND PICTURE OF). It fits me perfectly, giving any look I pair it with instant edge. I'm also quite fond of this pair of white Tildon sandals, from Nordstrom's, that I often pair with the said motorcycle jacket. They are what I refer to as the "Modern Boheme" with clean lines and hippie-chic thick straps. Perfection!
5. Would you rather splurge on one big item or buy a bunch of smaller things? Splurging is difficult for me, and I usually have guilt when doing so unless it's on a piece I know will be a timeless staple (i.e. my gold Kate Spade watch). I'd rather buy a big ol' bag of Forever21 goodies and find ways to style them chicly.
6. What's your dream vacation spot? Anywhere with sand, sun, and a nice easy breeze! I love tropical, warm weather and salt-infused air.
8. Do you have any makeup or beauty secrets? My makeup/beauty skills aren't quite as legit as my styling abilities; however, I have been learning lots just from watching and reading other bloggers and YouTubers. I honestly think that confidence and ease with yourself both radiate 10x more than whatever products you are using or crazy tricks you are trying. Ohh, but I do use apple cider vinegar on my face as a cleanser/gentle exfoliator. Is that a secret? It works, I swear! It gives me a rozy, clean complexion like I used an expensive peel.
9. Who's your fashion icon(s)? Rosie Huntington-Whitley is the epitome of easy, natural beauty...I am also a devoted fan to the coolness of Diane Kruger. I mean look at her. Other fashion inspirations for me? Miranda Kerr has been killing it with her street style lately; Olivia Palermo is just an amazing master of mixing, her style is impeccable. Ohh, and I can't forget bold bloggers like Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific. She is major!
10. Name one thing on your wish list right now. There is this beautiful pearl and bead statement necklace from Pree Brulee I've been checking on for months...eek! It's amazing. I am also on the hunt for a new liquid foundation with medium coverage, no spf, not completely matte. Any help from readers would be awesome!